Wednesday, January 17, 2018

My Point Of View


Ed placed the house so that the view out every window is terrific.  The snow is so clean, silent and peaceful now.  Sometimes we wonder why we still stay where it is snowy and bitterly cold, but I love mornings like this one.  Let's take a look at my point of view!  The view to the west from the second bedroom looks like this.  It's real treat be warm cuddled in your own bed  to watch the snow fall.


On the north side of the house the view is changeable.  In the photo the ridge can be seen in the distance.  Now as I write this the snow is falling again.  The ridge has disappeared behind a curtain of white.  


I have to confess I opened the kitchen door to take these next two pictures.  I did not step outside into the cold.   There is something so very special about the garden covered in a fluffy blanket of white before the animals are about.  It represents a quiet calm that is so very pleasant even if it doesn't last!


The trumpet vine, trees and driveway are all dressed in  beautiful white snow.  The quiet is gone now.  The sound of Ed's machines clearing the snow from the  driveway breaks the silence.  It is one thing to enjoy the beauty and quiet of life in the country.  It quite is another to be trapped by it. 


Others might get bored with this view from my bedroom window, but I never tire of it. Winter, spring summer and fall  I find it beautiful!  What can I say.  That is my point of view!


1 comment:

Beth at PlantPostings said...

You have a stunningly beautiful property and amazing views! Thanks for sharing them. :)