Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Stella, Blizzard 2017

I was kind of hoping that my next blizzard would be purchased from Dairy Queen!  I much prefer my snow measured in inches instead of feet!  Last night the coyotes were howling at the moon and we had no snow.  Just look at us now!


Even if we could get out, there is no where to go.  We received an automated message from Otsego County that the roads are closed to all but emergency vehicles.  Basically New York is closed.


I got out my old fashioned Geiple's yardstick to measure what had fallen by about 2:30 this afternoon.


This is the most snow we have ever had in one day since we moved here.  It continues to snow without even showing a sign of letting up.


From inside the warm house, it still looks beautiful to me. I doubt if when Ed comes back in from out there, he will feel quite the same way!  We will probably update  snow totals tomorrow.  Apparently the end is not in sight until then!

1 comment:

Beth @ PlantPostings said...

Wow, you guys really got clobbered! Most in one day since you moved there--yikes! Stay safe!