Tuesday, October 4, 2016

Two In One Shot


Butterfly photography can be a frustrating experience but watching beautiful newly hatched Monarch butterflies flitting around the garden was too much of a temptation for me.  The sun was low in the west and getting the light behind you means casting a long shadow.  When these newly hatched beautiful butterflies get touched by your shadow they take off in a flash.  But the fragrance of the butterfly bush was strong and they kept coming back for more nectar.  Finally I sneaked along the path pretending to ignore the butterflies and I got my picture of two Monarchs.  Yes two, you can just see the front of the second butterfly at the bottom edge of the picture.
 

I snapped again and this time both butterflies are almost in entirely in the picture.  No clues are needed .  I was delighted!


Wow!  There they are centered in the picture like I knew what I was doing.  I couldn't believe my fantastic luck. I was ecstatic!



I was so excited when I saw this picture I almost couldn't stand it!  Ever since we have been here it has been one of our greatest pleasures watching the Monarchs fly over the garden heading south.   There numbers had dwindled in the past couple of years.  It is a delight to see more of them again!

No comments: