Friday, March 4, 2016

Closed until ?


Mother Nature is menopausal here this year.  Her hot and cold flashes are brutal.  There are more winter aconite flowers now, but you can tell by the way the leaves look that it is freezing out there. The flowers will be closed until the next hot flash hits.


The snow drops are closed even tighter.  I find it more difficult to patiently wait when there is no snow cover.  A little blanket of white makes me feel the plants are protected even if it is a thin one.  Now my plants are out there bare,  uncovered and shivering in the cold. Gardening friends further south and even those at a slightly lower elevation are showing crocus and open snow drops.  I admit it.  I am green with envy.  I think I heard next week will be warmer.  Perhaps another hot flash is coming.  I'm ready!

No comments: