Thursday, June 6, 2013

It Takes A Closer Look


 I'm strictly an amateur photographer and I sometimes am disappointed with my photographs, thinking that the camera just doesn't capture things the way I see them.  Frequently it's a quality of light or color that  just seems to elude my lens.  I was quite pleased with this picture of a beautiful little wild columbine growing in the shade garden when I took it.   It was not until I came inside and loaded the picture in the computer that I saw that this was more in this picture than  a flower.  Sometimes the camera sees things that I do not.  I was quite fascinated with the tiny bug sitting in plain sight on my lovely wildflower.  His striped legs and antenna, tiny black eyes and the minuscule stinger on his posterior were all amazing to me.  I have no idea what kind of bug he is, but I'm so glad I got a chance to see what I never knew was there!

No comments: