Sunday, July 3, 2011

901 Posts, But Who's Counting?



Mallow and Friend, Photo by Amy
901 posts. Wow! Those 901 posts include 1,670 photographs. I thought about having the blog printed in a book. Now I realize that it would be a very long book. The longest Harry Potter book is just over 800 pages and never understood how anyone could write a book that long. I guess it's one page or in my case one post at a time. Looking back I have noticed that I'm winding down a bit. 2008 , the first year of the blog has the most posts. Nevertheless, I plan to keep on posting. The older I get the more I need a record of what's going on in the garden. Having one with  search capability is a big plus!

 Our fascination with the plants, and Ed's passion to work with stones have not diminished a bit. It's just the beginning of July maybe 1000 posts by the end of the year is doable. It's only 19 posts a month or 4.7 posts a week. On the other hand blogging is like gardening. There's always next year.

8 comments:

GirlSprout said...

Wow, you're so prolific. This is my first year of blogging and I try to get two posts a week out (after work, walking the dog, and taking an online class).

DeVona said...

Wow! You could always print several books, by seasons or years?

HolleyGarden said...

That's amazing! I agree with DeVona - books by season or year would be nice to have. So much information must be in those 900 posts!

Jim Lewis said...

Books are all about editing. Pick your best posts, or the ones that show the progression of you or your garden. Could be a great book...

Tatyana@MySecretGarden said...

Becky, congratulations! You are moving toward 1000!

Beth at PlantPostings said...

That is an accomplishment! Yours is one of the first gardening blogs I visited, and it's been a favorite ever since. I would love to read a book of your best/favorite/most popular posts -- or however you'd decide to do it. Cheers!

Dana said...

Keep posting, Becky! It is a pleasure to read your blog. Your garden and your work is simply wonderful and there is a lot more to say. Happy gardening!

Inspector Clouseau said...

Beautiful, simply beautiful. Nice work. I came across your blog while “blog surfing” using the Next Blog button on the blue Nav Bar located at the top of my blogger.com site. I frequently just travel around looking for other blogs which exist on the Internet, and the various, creative ways in which people express themselves. Thanks for sharing.