Monday, April 5, 2010

Found: My Siberian Squill



My lost Siberian squill have been located. Perhaps it is because they were planted in 3 different spots that caused me to totally forget where I put them. Every year it becomes clearer to me that labeling plants when you plant them is important. I suppose the time may come when I no longer care what the flowers are , just that they are lovely. I'm not there yet, and I hope I won't be for some time. Anyway,the issue of digging up bulbs when planting something else will always remain.In the first picture the squill are over by the fence near the driveway.



These are planted on either side of the allium bed directly in front of the house. Stone markers will be made today.




All week I have been trying to get a good picture of these giant glory of the snow flowers. The white centers ruined the picture every time. Finally I went out after the sun had set to take this one. Beautiful blue flowers from bulbs are a special early spring treat!

1 comment:

CanadianGardenJoy said...

Becky I have these squill and love them too .. I have been very mean to them .. unknowingly put rocks down where they were etc .. but they still find a way to come up no matter what I do .. phew !
ya' gotta' LOVE the squill !
Joy