Friday, August 28, 2009

Red Hot Garden Color



It's late August and the garden is aglow with brilliant red cardinal flower. The hummingbirds are delighted zipping happily from one flower to another. Even with so much to do in the garden, it's impossible not to take time out to watch them enjoy sipping nectar from these deep-throated red flowers.









The color in the photos is close to the actual color of the flowers. The pictures were taken in the light of morning. There is something about morning light that intensifies the color red. The cardinal flower looks its best in the morning light.

2 comments:

Tatyana@MySecretGarden said...

It is a striking flower, I agree, Becky. My only cardinal flower is blooming too, and I am happy to see that the plant started to spread.

CanadianGardenJoy said...

Becky this is the first year I have gone without this plant in my garden .. I miss it a lot , especially after seeing your pictures !
That red is THAT intense .. I always have difficulty in my photos with how "hot" that colour is and how it translates in a post .. more so to people who have never seen this colour or taken pictures to know what it is like.
Yours were great !
Joy