Thursday, March 26, 2009

I've Crossed The Border!



The garden is in a holding pattern. My plants are just sitting there. It has been cold, but it has also been dry. Right now we are looking at a very dry March.We have had a sprinkle of rain or a dusting of snow, but no real moisture. I think my bulbs are on strike until they get their April showers.

In the meantime I have been thinking about the herbs I used to have. I decided that I would grow patchouli again this summer. Tired of waiting for a promised catalog, I spent some considerable time with my fascinating Richters catalog. I have frequently ordered seeds from them in the past with great results, but never ordered plants from them before, because they are across the border in Canada. Well, I've gone international now, and it was soo... easy!

I ordered some Ayurvedic herbs,Ashwaganda, Bacopa,sushni and mucuna, for my daughter, patchouli (of course), a new Wintergreen mint,feverfew, lemon verbena and wintergreen plants. I ordered anise basil seeds too. The seeds will come soon. They do not ship plants until the weather is favorable. That will probably be a month at least. It will be interesting to see how I make out with my Canadian herbs. Eh?

No comments: