Sunday, January 11, 2009

After The Snow, A Perfect Day

This is a really beautiful spot right after the snow. It's so muffled and quiet, so new white and clean. What a perfect day to sit with a nice cup of herb tea and stare outside. But there are other things to do after a snow storm.

The blue cast on the snow shows it was early this morning when Ed headed out to get his garden tractor to begin to clear the driveway. We have a long curvy driveway with quite a drop in elevation down to the road and the river. He was out there all morning. With some effort I managed to get him to come in for lunch. He went right back out and is still pushing snow like a kid with a Tonka toy. Nothing makes him happier than spending the day outside, using his garden tractor is just a bonus. It's a bit of a race now. There is just over an hour of daylight left, and he has not yet reached the road. Oh right, I forgot, he has headlights. Perhaps dinner will be late, but I'm betting he'll reach his goal. Like I said, "What a perfect snowy day!"

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those used to be my favorite kind of snow days, especially when my girls were very small. Everyone so happy to be outside, all rosy cheeked and smelling of fresh, clean air. Wonderful memories, those. :) I hope you got your drive all cleared.

Joyce said...

...like a kid with a Tonka Toy...now I know for sure there is some blood linkage between Ed and Dick. The snow is beautiful up there. I sure enjoy reading your blog Aunt Becky. Stay warm.

Jan said...

I envy you both with your snow! I know it's difficult at times, and cold, and messy...and you can't really 'garden', but I miss it a lot. I'm from the north where we got snow, and in VA, we'll be lucky to get some. Usually we do get some by now. I just don't know where it is!! My son is 12 and still enjoys building snowmen, making snowforts, and sledding! Thank goodness he is going to Maine in Feb. w/my husband to ice-fish and snowmobile! They are also going skiing in PA with boyscouts...but not me:( I have too many back & neck and disc issues to do any of it anymore;(
Anyway...I can see your husband is enjoying himself! Hope you are finding some 'indoor fun' as well.
Jan