Monday, November 24, 2008

Don't Adjust Your Set, We Control the Picture


An unbelievable saga has been unfolding surrounding my dial up, the only choice available in this valley, and placing photos on the blog. It has truly sent me to the outer limits of my patience, perhaps my sanity. It started with the sad slow demise of my old computer. So I bit the bullet and got a new computer. However, my old beloved camera would not work with the new Windows Vista.
.
@!#*...HP...@#!*... ( Trust me.You don't want to read this part!)

Today Ed came home with a memory card reader and voila an uploaded photo using the new computer.

The tuberose, lemon grass, and society garlic are lucky to be inside looking out. It's been getting colder at night. The still parts of the river are frozen. In the morning we have new snow. Then some of it melts during the day. I just hope we can save the big storms for later.

3 comments:

tina said...

Glad you got it working, I know computer problems can be frustrating.

Anonymous said...

I'm having camera/computer issues, too. My sympathies.

Susan Tomlinson said...

Hang in there! I know that when I get frustrated with computer issues, it always serves to remind me of how much of the world has opened up since they became an everyday part of our lives...What a wonderful gift they are when they *do* work!

Hope things get ironed out soon--and that you get high-speed in the near future.