Sunday, June 15, 2008

A Garden of Friends

This apricot colored iris was given to me by my next door neighbor Liz before we moved here. I was lucky to get this picture because the hailstorm was devastating to these flowers.

Elle's yellow rugosa roses have the wonderful rose fragrance that we all remember. I always watch for thorns and bees  when I stop to smell these roses.


These Siberian iris came from Jane. They didn't do much for me at first, but
I finally found a spot where they are happy. This year they are gorgeous!

An old friend of my mother's, Thelma H. gave me this yellow sedum. It is a ground cover in the true sense of the word. It's also one of those plants that I have to weed out, and it pains me every time. No wonder, just look at that color.

Plants from gardening friends are truly the gift that keeps on giving! Who could be unhappy with that?

No comments: