Friday, May 16, 2008

My Favorite Tulips

I bought these tulips at a garden store in Buffalo when my daughter was in college. These tulips and I have been together for some time. I moved them with me when we came here. The first few years were difficult. There were little brown, bulb-eating critters here, and for awhile, I thought the tulips were toast. Perhaps it was the fox family that cleaned the little fur balls out. In any case, my old favorite tulips are back this year. Maybe they are a bit smaller than the original flowers, but I still love them, and they recall happy times.

We are finally getting an all day rain today. The plants look downright perky. This year it has been too long in coming.

1 comment:

Elynn said...

Tulips are looking so nice!! I like your choice so much!! Flowers are my favorite!!