Thursday, May 1, 2008

Garden Progress


Yesterday while I was sitting and knitting, I glanced out of the window in time to see a bald eagle fly just over the notch. He was heading north toward the river and was flying unusually low. I got a fantastic look as he went by. No matter how often I see an eagle, I am thrilled by it.

It was really cold overnight. When I first awoke this morning and looked out the window, I was amazed. The white layer of frost on the grass, and the trees turning golden in the morning light reminded me of a morning in October. But it is May, and the day warmed nicely.

Ed made progress today on the replacing of gravel and subsoil with his special soil mixture in the bed next to the curved stone wall. As you can see from the picture, still more soil needs to be added. The plants in the picture are day lilies, catnip, and hens and chicks. Oh, and those plants in the stones, next to the wall, are weeds. (Dandelions to be exact.) We do have weeds, lots of them in fact, but I don't always show them in the picture. They won't be there long.

No comments: