Tuesday, May 13, 2008

FROST !


I'm sure you've heard of global warming. Well don't count on it! I'm well aware that the safe frost free date here is considered to be June 1. But, I really wasn't expecting a frost this morning, and I certainly wasn't expecting the hydrant in the garden to be frozen, and I really didn't expect there to be ice in the watering cans, or the thermometer to read 25. Like the student who has to stay after school, I need to write on the chalkboard "I live in Upstate New York.", "I live in Upstate New York." . . . and remember it!

Ed has gone out to wash the frost off some of the plants before the sun hits them. It often helps to prevent the plants from damage, but not always. Thank goodness the basil, peppers, tomatoes, etc. were carried into the basement last night.


No comments: