Monday, May 26, 2008

Forget-Me-Not

I took this picture today and it seemed like a perfect Memorial Day post. I know I already posted today, but I decided to do it anyway. The forget-me-nots are self-seeded. Their seeds must have come along with some compost carried here. A stone bench can be seen in the background. It marks the final resting place of my parents. Built into the fieldstone bench are granite markers that bear their names and the traditional dates. The stone bench was built as a seat. This place of remembrance over looks a favorite fishing hole in the nearby river. There is a small patio in front of the bench. It was made with suitable stones lifted from several of Daddy's fishing streams. The wooded location has encouraged moss to grow on all of the stone surfaces. There is less moss on the seat since I visit here often.

No comments: